Friday, March 6, 2009

Financial Peace Friday

I'm really enjoying to whole budget process! What could feel like a straight jacket actually feels full of freedom. Sure I have to stop and think about every penny I spend, but the good news is, I stop and think about every penny I spend! And, here's a newsflash--we actually have enough money to pay our bills and provide for the basic needs of our family. Will we be taking any extravagant vacations this summer? Probably (definitely) not! But, more good news--if we choose to save for one, we can go on one! See how I can feel free?


"The plans of the diligent lead to profit as surely as haste leads to poverty." ~ Proverbs 21:5


One more added bonus this week: Kids doing chores! Don't misunderstand, my kids have always had chores in a very loose sense of the word. But now, thanks to a written budget, we can pay them a commission (allowance) and hopefully instill some of the money management skills we are acquiring. It is my hearts desire that they not be in the position we are in when they are 30ish. Also, I do not want them to live with me forever. . .


So far, thanks to our tax check, some new found discipline, and God's immense grace, here is what we have accomplished:
  1. Payed off our van. ($4252)

  2. For the first time ever we have a savings ($1000)

  3. We are using a budget!

And now, just for fun--a common sense approach to getting out of debt!
My Face book friends have already seen this, but it is so worth sharing again! Remember, buying kids you can't afford doesn't count, so don't beat yourself up if you are in debt up to your eyeballs because you adopted a couple of cuties.






via videosift.com

No comments:

Post a Comment