Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Way Out

Unworthy. . .
This simple word doesn't even begin to describe the rush of emotions I feel as I watch Passion of the Christ. John and I watched it a few years ago and then again tonight. I cry for Jesus and for Mary and for his followers. I want to throw up as I watch the betrayal, torture, and abuse he suffers. I find myself hoping he finds a way out--the way you hope for any hero in a movie. And then I remind myself that this isn't just any hero. This is THE hero of all heroes. Because there wasn't a way out for Jesus, I have a way out.

Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life.
No one comes to the Father except through me."~John 14:6
(emphasis mine)

Because of that betrayal, torture, and abuse--I have a way out and so do you. And we are not worthy. We are completely and utterly unworthy, but covered by HIS GRACE. Thank you, Jesus.




No comments:

Post a Comment